/* blogroll stuff ----------------------------------------------- */

Monday, September 12, 2005

Out On The Weekend

Meh...another weekend gone! We were busy again, as is the norm lately. Kerry and Damon came over on Friday night and Damon finished the bathroom/master bedroom closet repairs!! Woohoo!! There's just a bit of sanding left and then we're ready to paint. Mika was asleep by the time K&D arrived, so she missed out on a visit..but they'll be back! Saturday was cleaning mayhem for me. MAYHEM! I cleaned out our main floor bathroom like it has never been cleaned before. I even went so far as to disassemble the behind-the-toilet shelf to thoroughly clean it. Prior to us putting the cats' litterbox back in there, you could have eaten off the floor. It was madness, I tell you...sheer and utter madness. I still felt all gross and dirty after a shower. My skin tone is a couple of shades lighter now as I don't think I will ever get all of the drywall dust off my face. Ugh..and I will be doing it all again after we've sanded the walls for painting. After the shower that didn't make me feel any more clean, we headed out to Grandma's for supper. I had emailed my Mom asking if she would like to come over this weekend so we could make her dinner for her birthday, but she said that the wait was too long and to come over this past weekend so she could see Mika. Hrm..I'm still not sure if she and Ted are coming this weekend..guess I better find out! Mika was spoiled rotten AGAIN by her Grandma. A new teething ring, three new cloth bug toys, a plaid scottie dog outfit, complete with shoes, and a little pink fleece fall hooded jacket with the best wooden buttons. Spoiled Rotten! It was a trying visit, to say the least. Mika skipped her afternoon nap and had a meltdown at Grandma's. Mika's stomach was bothering her too, so that made things even worse. She recovered and was happy to play with Grandma and Grandpa Ted afterwards. My Mom's cat, Scruff, even let Mika pull his tail! The dinner was fantastic as always and for some reason, I ate a yorkshire pudding. I have never eaten a yorkshire pudding in my life. Grandma made G's infamous gingerbread cake with meringue icing for dessert..yum.
Sunday we ventured out to visit G as we hadn't seen her since Thursday. G's still doing well, all things considered. We also went and did some grocery shopping...Mika needs her bananas or all hell breaks loose. I have to limit her banana intake otherwise she would eat nothing but. I worry that she'll O.D. on potassium or something. Once we got home, I cleaned out the master bedroom closet. It wasn't nearly as bad as the bathroom. Sometime this week, we have to pull the carpet out and install the laminate flooring in there. Then we have to sand and paint. I guess it makes more sense to paint first and install flooring after. Meh. I hate painting. Daddy made dinner and I finished cleaning and I was supposed to go into work, but slacked off and didn't go. Nice. My excuse was that it was within an hour of Mika's bedtime and not worth the hassle of hauling her out, getting her overstimmed, and then trying to calm her down again for bed. I'm going to have to let her get overtired at least one day this week so I can get a bit more done on the server before we actually have to deploy the thing.
On Sunday morning, Daddy and I saw the biggest freakin' crow that I have ever seen around here. I guess if the bird was *that* big, it was probably a raven and not a crow. I didn't really notice whether the tail was more fanned or the bill heavier than our usual crows, but the thing was HUGE. It was almost as big as Spartacus and he is a big freakin' cat. Daddy laughed and asked if a dragon just flew past because the sound of the wind rushing through this bird's wings made it sound even bigger than it was. A deep Woosh, Woosh as it flapped. Also saw a fairly big slug in the garden..maybe the size of my pinky finger. I don't typically see any slugs period and if I do, they are pretty small. I kinda wanted to bring the slug in and keep it as a pet, but I thought better of the idea.

Mika and I are going to check out a daycare this week. The centre was recommended by a good family friend whose Granddaughter goes there. When I called this morning, I was told there were no spots currently available. The lady said that if I get on the waiting list now, chances are very good that there will be space for Mika come January. I hope its a good place. The location is perfect..on the way to and fro work for both Daddy and me. Plus, if Zoey still attends daycare, Mika will have an older friend to watch out for her.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chair said...

There are assloads of slugs in my gardens and normally there are very very few of them. I think the wetness we had through most of the summer has made it the Summer Of The Slug.

Gross.

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home