/* blogroll stuff ----------------------------------------------- */

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Still nothing...

Despite a few mighty powerful nighttime contractions, nothing is happening in terms of this baby emerging into the outside world. Doc can feel Declan's head, but there's no real softening or dilation yet. On Monday's visit to the doc, he started out by telling me all about a successful VBAC delivery that he helped with over the weekend. I thought "Wow...some positive encouragement!" until he looked at me and my belly and said "but don't you try to be a hero, Marina. You're small and your baby is big." Meh. Hero?? I don't want to save my unborn child from a burning building, I just want to deliver him. Doc talked about cervical catheters instead of drug-based induction methods. I don't want either! If anything, I want to run away and hide and deliver all by myself. Naked. In the forest. On a bed of moss. Under a big spruce tree or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home