/* blogroll stuff ----------------------------------------------- */

Saturday, February 26, 2005

Wasn't That a Party!

Yawn!!!!! Mika decided to party it up for her one-week birthday. She slept for a few hours in the afternoon, which has been the norm for her. We took her to Zellers after the clinic as Dad needed socks and Mom needed new undies (yay! new underwear!). She was stirring, but sleeping, so we decided to stroll her through the mall to T&T, the asian supermarket, to pick up some supplies. Their meat and produce departments are awesome. Much better than Safeway and a little less expensive too. Milk is $0.20 less per litre there than at Zellers. ANYWAY....
Usually Mika sleeps through most of the early evening, has a 10PM (or so) feed and then stays asleep until at least 4AM...usually 5 and one time even 7AM!
Well..nothing doing last night. She was up all evening, eating like a madwoman. Come midnight, her Dad and I were ready to drop, but she still wanted to jive. She would cry when I held her, but was all too happy to be dancing with her Dad. Daddy discovered that dancing around with her was the only way to placate her (unless she was stopping for another couple of ounces of food). Finally at around 1AM, she fell asleep. We thought for sure she would sleep right through the night, but no.
She woke at 3AM for a snack. Then again at 6...and 8. I thought I was going to drop dead with fatigue. Mika and I both passed out in the rocker in her room for awhile, using Daddy's robe as a blanket. When I woke up and went back to the bedroom, I noticed I had only one slipper on. When I woke up at 9-ish this morning, I noticed that I had left one side of the nursing bra open. I'm turning into such a classy Momma.
Aside from running downstairs to warm up some supplemental formula at her 3AM feeding, we let Daddy stay asleep. It was worth it. This morning at shortly after 9AM, Mika made the telltale face and sounds that say "My diaper is beyond full of the good stuff now" - Daddy got up and changed her and let me fall back to sleep for a couple of hours. She had to eat formula again this morning, but I think by now I should have some milk for her when she next wakes to feed. She drank me from a DD to a B this morning!


Today we go to visit great great granny again and over to meet Oma (große Großmutter) for the first time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home