/* blogroll stuff ----------------------------------------------- */

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Day 18

I feel so much better today with only one days worth of meds in me. Though it could be those percocets too. In fact, the only 'bad' things that I am feeling are the csection wound and nausea from above mentioned meds. And guilt for Daddy having to stay home from work again.

Mika doesn't seem affected whatsoever from the pills getting into her milk supply. I was kind of hoping the pain killers would make her extra tired, but no dice.

She fed like a demon again last night. And all day today.

Mika had visits with both her G and Nana today. Seeing as Daddy was home again today to make sure all was well, we took a short trip down to Nana's so he could help her move in an exercise machine. Mika had never been there before..another first. First trip to Nana's!

I showered this morning and then bathed Mika right after because the bathroom was steam-filled and warm. She enjoyed her bath as always. As I was drying her, she peed all over herself and me. So much for the bath and shower!

Mika is a colicky baby for sure. She cries for at least 20 minutes before falling asleep. We do a diaper and hunger check before putting her down, so we know its neither of those causing the cries. The 'tricks' for alleviating gas don't seem to make a difference either. It's frustrating because she will fall asleep on one of our shoulders or in her swing or *wherever*, but as soon as we put her down in the crib or bassinet, she is up and screaming. Whether she is on her side or her back does not make a difference either. Of course, if we bring her into our bed, she'll fall asleep instantly. We just don't want to continue that habit. I feel horrible about it when I know that if she was nestled between her mom and dad that she would be happy, but instead leave her to cry beside us in the bassinet. Tough love at 18 days old...she's the one who cries, but I swear that it hurts me more than it does her. I am willing to compromise with her though. I'll lie down with her in my bed for morning or afternoon naps, but nighttime is crib/bassinet. Sound fair?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like her mommy who was also a bit like that at night. All things come to pass and you will be down at the river throwing rocks before you know it.
dd

2:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home