/* blogroll stuff ----------------------------------------------- */

Friday, November 18, 2005

Happy 39 Week and 9 Month Birthday, Mika!

Blow me down...the kidlet has almost spent as much time on the outside as she did on the inside! She spent 41 weeks and 2 days (yes, I kept count) on the inside. I'll always wonder exactly how long she would have lived inside of me had the doc not decided that it was time that she came out. I'll also always wonder what would have happened if I had refused the c-section that the doc felt was necessary to go ahead with. Meh..it matters not. All that matters is that my screaming healthy baby arrived.
Mika and I were going to go out looking for a new bathrobe for her today, but the winds are CRAZY. So crazy that when I let the cat out this morning, I noticed that our BBQ cover was gone. I secured the kidlet and had a look around the back lanes and such, but it was nowhere to be seen. Poor BBQ is probably freezing its grease can off. I'm sure the wind will take that too in due time.
Mika passed her swimming lessons! She received her first ever report card. The only box that wasn't checked on the report was the blowing bubbles one. Mika prefers to just take huge gulps of water instead. Though, she is more than happy to blow bubbles when she is out of the water. Ah well. We're going to try and coordinate the next round of lessons with Candace and crew so that Mika and Kaylee will be in the same class again. The Nov-Jan classes are already full, so we will have to wait and see.
We dropped in on G after lessons last night, but seeing as both G and Mika were asleep, we didn't stay to visit. I just dropped off the clean laundry and toothpaste for G and we'll hopefully get over there a little earlier tonight.
We're supposed to go to Arran's first bday party tomorrow, but I also have to go into work for awhile, so we're not sure if we'll make it. I hope so though as we're trying to arrange a marriage between the two kids and it helps if we attend family events! :P
Sunday is yet another workday. We're finishing up that contract once and for all (knock on wood). Sunday will be a hella driving day as we have to head to riverbend to get the keys to the office. Daddy will drop Mika and I off at said office and head back to the clients house in riverbend so that we can ensure that the VPN connection works. Daddy also will be setting up a wireless router at the clients house. Whee! Goddess of Backups, please hear my pleas and help me get those bloody automated backups working once and for all without hanging the server! Please Goddess of Backups!
And Monday is a work day again for me. Hopefully, the last one until I am back to work For Real. Nana is going to pick up Mika in the morning and they will spend the day together at Nana's. Lucky girls!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home