/* blogroll stuff ----------------------------------------------- */

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Day to Daze

Ugh. Mika and I were at the centre by 7AM this morning. It wasn't too bad. Mika more or less clung to me the whole time. She played and interacted only when I was near. She could totally sense that something was up. I tried to make it all good, but she was on to me. I left when she fell asleep around 10:30. I felt awful about it. Seeing as she usually wakes up happy to see anyone willing to rescue her from the crib, I thought it better than having her watch me leave. Not to mention that I just couldn't handle having to actually leave her while she screamed for me. Then I was lost. Lost. Wandering aimlessly not knowing what to do with myself. I called up Daddy and got some much needed reassurance that this was all good. For about 5 hours, I wandered around within a close distance of the daycare guilt shopping and stuff. I went back and peeked in during that time. Mika was happily eating in a high chair and didn't see me. I drank coffee and read papers at a fast food joint across the street and looked at the building. There's nowhere to get a decent cup of coffee within reasonable walking distance. I spent way too much time in a kids consignment store. It was all surreal and strange. The daycare folks reported that she did OK. She had fits and freak outs, but also spent time clapping, giggling, babbling at people, and generally trucking around. Not bad for a first day. I went back at around 4:30 and we waited around until 5 or so for Daddy. Mika was not all that happy to see me. See wasn't happy to see Daddy either when he showed up. In fact, she was downright vexed with us. She wanted me to hold her and everything and eventually smiled and was OK. At first all I could hear were echoes of Stewie Griffin or something. Daddy is dropping her off at 7AM again tomorrow. I'll pick her up at around 1 or so, assuming all goes well and I don't need to scoot over any earlier from my own separation anxiety. That is if Mika even agrees to see me by that time.
We tried to visit G after supper, but Mika fell fast asleep just before we got there. Not wanting to wake her after the long day, I just ran up and dropped off yet another box of chocolates for G from my Dad and Barb (one more left!), explained the day as fast as I could, checked for laundry, filled G's sweater sleeves with mints, and ran out again. We'll see if Mika's up for a visit tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home