/* blogroll stuff ----------------------------------------------- */

Friday, February 17, 2006

Happy 52 Week Birthday, Mika!!

Well Mika, this post marks the end of your mother tracking your age in weeks. You're a year old now - time for me to track your age in months instead of weeks. Your skills are increasing daily - maybe even hourly, I don't quite know. You are bending over to pick things up without falling, pointing to the correct parts of your face when asked, say, where your nose is or eyes are, talking up a storm, going down the stairs (with assistance) as well as up, whipping around with your walker, having fewer tantrums, getting better at being around groups of people and not making strange as much, bookmarking your fave pages in Firefox on Daddy's laptop, using a trackball better than I can, and on and on it goes. It's just wild! You have not watched TV since being in daycare. I guess I was the weakest link in that chain - letting you watch star trek with me in the afternoons and such. Oh, and I'm pleased to report that we have successfully avoided McDonald's in any way, shape, or form during your first year of life. We hope to keep it this way, but that remains to be seen. Fast food for you means a jar of premade baby food.

We'll have a busy evening tonight getting ready for your party tomorrow, but we'll try to stick to your routine as much as possible so that you're well rested for your big day tomorrow.

And I need to go and get some work done so that I can see about possibly leaving early to pick up supplies so that we can minimize the disruption to your evening schedule.

Wow...52 weeks and we didn't drop her once! This parenting thing is a breeze - during the first year, anyway....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home