/* blogroll stuff ----------------------------------------------- */

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Happy Belated 3-Month Birthday, Declan!

Declan turned 3 months old this past Sunday. We planted some dwarf lilacs in the front to celebrate. They're Daddy's favorite and will be growing under our bedroom and Declan's bedroom windows.

I was so eager and excited for new developments when Mika was at this age - and she did very little until she was a bit older than Declan currently is. Now I want to enjoy every moment and keep Declan a baby for as long as possible and the kid is just forging ahead like mad. So it goes...

Declan loves to be a part of the family. He wants to sit at the table with us when we eat and has become our new centerpiece now that he can safely sit in his Bumbo seat. The smell of food still gets to him and he often ends up nursing while the rest of us eat. It's funny how the smell of food can wake this kid.

Now that Declan is alert, he loves to watch his sister bounce around and scream. You're guaranteed a huge smile if you let him jump on the couch with Mika - er, make that two smiles because Mika loves to jump with her brother too. I have a feeling that Declan will be really into the Jolly Jumper. I'm sure he'd love it now and honestly has the head control for it, but we will wait another few months, just in case.

Declan loves to chat already. He rolls from front to back, hauls himself into a sitting position when you hold him on his back, combat crawls, and walks when you hold him upright. He's also pushing his legs as if actually jumping when we 'jump' him on the couch with Mika. Oh, and is getting better at holding himself up in a sitting position. He'll be getting a driver's license next week, I'm sure.

He's still a very buddha-like baby. Full of smiles and rolls of pudge.
We have a checkup tomorrow. I want to bring up the topic of chiropractic care for Declan with his physician. The poor guy has the most stuffed up nose I've ever seen (or heard). Nothing is making a difference. On his last visit, he was checked and everything deemed fine, aside from some swelling due to dryness - or so I was told.

Declan loves being carted around in his Beco carrier. We went to cousin Lucas' birthday party at WEM this past Saturday. Declan went from his car seat into his Nana's arms for awhile and stayed in the beco for the rest of the time - except for feedings. (I did manage to feed him while carrying him in the beco once before. wasn't too bad, actually.).

We went out this morning to the office because I had yet to bring Declan in to meet everyone. I brought the stroller/car seat combo with me, but only ended up using it as a luggage cart. Declan sure loved being passed from woman to woman at my work. He's a shameless flirt and seems to prefer blondes - or any female with a large chest. If he wasn't such a nice sweet guy, I'd call him a typical male. We were there for almost 2 hours, even though it didn't seem that long. Declan didn't cry even once. In fact, he didn't even really fuss much. One minor whimper with a frown to indicate that he was overtired and needed to sleep - I put him back into his carrier and he was out. I had an impromptu meeting that lasted about 45 mins (oh yeah - that's why I was there for so long) and the lucky guy got to sleep through it. I was envious. He stayed asleep during the bus ride, slurpee stop, and a 7 block walk home.
I'm glad I have a windowless office at work. Makes private feedings easy. I have the only windowless office in the joint. All of the other inner offices have at least one glass wall.

I'm thinking of taking both kids to WEM tomorrow after Declan's checkup. Alone in the giant mall with a toddler and infant. I know Kris has done it...but she has also taken her girls out on the bus without a stroller or diaper bag. I don't know if I am that brave.

Oi..I had so much more to post about, but am too brain dead. Late afternoons seem to be the worst time for that - brain deadedness.

Nana snuck over while Declan and I were out this morning and cleaned up our side bed. It looks wonderful. Delphiniums, yarrow, daisies, poppies, jacob's ladder, and lungwort - at least that is what has been identified so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home