/* blogroll stuff ----------------------------------------------- */

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

bashful

Mika bailed down the concrete back stairs yesterday. She's sporting a wee bit of a shiner today. She looks pretty tough - the mark near her eye looks as though someone punched her in the eye while wearing a big ring. She's just fine now and only had a few tears when it happened. She was too excited about the waterslide in the backyard to worry about minor injuries.

Yes, I bought a freaking waterslide for the backyard. I wanted one of those gravity loungers, but they seem a little costly to me for what you get. A lawn chair should not be that expensive. ANYWAY - I saw this inflatable water slide thing and thought "hrm - that looks as though it would be the perfect size for me to lounge on PLUS I have the option of being sprinkled with cold water as I lounge. Mika hogged it all yesterday evening. I guess I could have parked my butt on it, but my back would have quickly met the heels of Mika's feet. Was looking forward to sitting out in the sun today, but its starting to cloud over. Bleh. I was going to take the kids to the museum today - specifiaclly take Mika to the Bug Room, but my body is revolting against me. Carrying a 20 lb weight all day every day is starting to take its toll on me. I just don't think I can physically handle another day of having Declan strapped to me for hours on end. Maybe tomorrow.

Also - the house is a disaster, such a disaster that I don't even know where to start. Danny's cat has been peeing on things again. This morning, it was the clean laundry that I had left downstairs. I can't take this anymore! It's making me crazy. I was thinking of seeing if anyone wanted to come by for a visit today, but the cat pee smell and surprises make me not want to do that. It's beyond gross. The other day we bought Declan a bed. I hauled in the mattress and bedding, washed it, vacuumed the mattress out to get rid of most of the smell, got all the bedding together and on the bed and was feeling pretty good about it all. That evening, I went to crawl in for a test nap and was hit with the cat pee smell. The effing cat peed on the new bed and bedding. He's also peed this morning somewhere in the bedroom, so that's off limits to the kids too. Sucks because we co-sleep with Declan. He's currently sleeping in a playpen - not sure what we will do tonight. I have no pee-free bedroom left...I guess we'll be camping out on Mika's floor.
No, the cat isn't suffering from crystals in the urine or any other medical reason for the peeing. He's just a jerk. I love animals, I really do, but this cat...grrr.
I don't know what to do. In fairness, I am not 100% sure that it is Danny's cat and not mine. Of course, his cat has been seen fleeing from the scenes of the crimes and has a history of peeing when he's upset - mine does not. Still..it could be my cat doing it. Also in fairness then, if we get rid of Danny's cat, mine should go too. but I love my Scootie kitty. He's just a nice old orange guy. He and Mika are pals and I am not looking forward to explaining to her why he is gone. Ugh. It used to be that I smelled poopy diapers wherever I went - now its cat pee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home