/* blogroll stuff ----------------------------------------------- */

Friday, March 21, 2008

Swoosh

I missed Mika's 37 month post. To sum: She's discovered Disney - Ariel to be precise. Loves making sound effects. Takes matters of anatomy and toileting very seriously. Potty humor is not her thing yet. She's proud to be a girl. She's doing well in the daycare preschool program. Still has her boyfriend Sammi - playdates to follow all summer, I'm sure. (We were outside a couple of weeks ago and Mika was sighing that she hoped someday Sammi would come to her house and swing with her. Oi yoi yoi.)
She and Declan are becoming co-conspirators. Daddy and I don't stand a chance.

Mika and Daddy are currently touring the neighborhood - we picked up bikes and a trailer. As soon as Declan is up from his nap and fed, I plan to ship the three of them to the library so I can try and clean my house. w00t!

We had looked forward to this 4-day Easter weekend - until things at work went a little sideways yesterday. Nana's going to watch the younglings for a few hours tomorrow so Daddy and I can go spank servers into submission. Bleh. Fun Saturday afternoon it will not be.

I asked Mika if she thought the Easter Bunny was going to come to her house. She said no. She painted an egg at school and brought home some jellybeans and apparently finds that to be enough. The kid just refuses to get excited about chocolate. She had a malted milk ball egg and found the thin layer of chocolate in that to be too much. Declan, on the other hand, will demolish his choco bunny in seconds, I'm sure. The kids like to play with their Fisher Price Little People sets quite a bit. I found eggs that had a single Little Person character in them, so the kids are getting those and their beloved Pocky in buckets. I am predicting that the buckets will be the prized Easter item. Nothing like a plastic bucket, I tell you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lynanne said...

Awww, young love! Of course, it's only cute until she becomes a teen :)

Good thing she doesn't like chocolate - all the more for you. How could a gal not like chocolate?

Happy Easter!

11:41 AM  
Blogger Gramps said...

not to worry....before you know it she will become the anti-mom wanting make-up and panty hose!!

5:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home