/* blogroll stuff ----------------------------------------------- */

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

things...

Declan carries on as a romeo and general madman. I'm amazed at how difficult it is to distract him from a goal. He was mad at me yesterday for not letting him have at the big refill bottle of bubbles. A full scale tantrum was thrown followed by a refusal to have anything to do with me. The final act was getting his shoes and trying to put them on so he could just leave and be done with me and my tyrannical ways. Daddy ended up hiding the bottle in the basement because Declan will just open random drawers on the island to climb upon it and get what he wants. In the end, he was finally distracted by food and happily sat down to eat. Oi.
I love watching him pick up and throw the big balance ball. It's very Atlas. He kicks a ball well, dribbles the soccer ball OK, has a decent throwing arm, can make the odd catch, has a mad swing but still hits the ball OK with his wee golf set, but I think he's still best at taking the ball up and down the hall with his hockey stick.
The disney princesses have taken over my daughter fully and completely. Nobody told me that I would have a princess and a jock! Ach, anyway Mika still claims Emo status now and again and Declan is wild for singing and dancing too. He sings in the car all the time and dances at the slightest sound. Mika prefers to compose her own princess mash up songs with titles like Cinderella and The Beast. Each song has a dance to go with it. She works her way up to performing by asking us incessantly if we want to hear her song or see her special dance. We answer yes and she replies that she's not ready yet. This can go on for days before she reveals her routine. They're grand pieces - very expressive moves. Oi.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lynanne said...

Sounds like both of them have quite the personalities, for better and worse! :) So fun!

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home