/* blogroll stuff ----------------------------------------------- */

Friday, November 26, 2004

Checked Out Well

Yet another Dr.'s appointment come and gone. I was relieved to find out that I don't have Gestational Diabetes.
DaddyR and I met the Dr. who may be delivering the baby. He works from about 7 am to 7 pm, so if baby is born outside of that range, we'll be dealing with the on-call doctor. Not a big concern to us, really.
The only upsetting part of the visit was finding out that I now weigh 166 lbs. 166!!!
Never in my life did I think I would/could/should weigh that much. Had someone told me that a year ago, I would have argued that I'd roll my fat laden body off the high level bridge first! The Doctor does not seem nearly as concerned as I am about this. At this point, all the people telling me that 20 or so pounds will disappear almost immediately after giving birth doesn't help either. The fact remains that I weigh 166 pounds and still have a little over two months to go...and they say that the majority of weight is gained at the end...if there is a god, I pray for help now!
DaddyR was kind enough to say that I don't look like I weigh that much and that I carry it well....but I bet he was just scared that I would sit on him and crush his lungs or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home