/* blogroll stuff ----------------------------------------------- */

Monday, February 28, 2005

First Doctor's Appointment

Today is Mika's first appointment with her Doc, who is also my Doc. Maybe I can sneak Daddy in as a patient too as he hasn't a Doc of his own.

Mika went to bed fairly well last night. As Daddy and I were both dead tired, he placed her on my chest and we both zonked out. I hope that there's some truth to the saying that you can't spoil a baby. Mika has been screaming her way into our bed more and more each night. She naps in her crib during the day and hasn't been in her bassinette for more than a few hours.
Mika got me up at about 3AM and nursed beautifully. She was so nice and calm about it that Daddy slept through it all. Even though I stayed in bed instead of going to her room like I usually do. The 6AM wakeup call was another story. Nothing I did would calm her for any reason whatsoever. I knew what was coming, so I changed her diaper and brought her back to the bedroom. The cries of Shreika woke Daddy instantly (and the neighbors in a 1km radius too, I'm sure) and she was handed over for pacification. I tried dancing with her, feeding her, nothing doing. She got into Daddy's arms and all was well...so I assume as I passed out cold. I woke up shortly before 11AM and there were the two of them cuddled up in bed sleeping soundly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home