/* blogroll stuff ----------------------------------------------- */

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Day 20

Nana came over this morning and stayed til noon. She held Mika for three hours straight. Nana sang songs, fed formula, and let herself be slept upon. She came by to give me some time to sleep or run errands or whatever I wanted/needed to do, but instead I baked fat-free muffins and visited.
Mika and I waited around all day for Shaw to show up to fix our intermittent cable issue. The Cable Guy was supposed to be here at some point between 12 and 4pm. At 4, I loaded up Mika in her stroller and took off for a walk as it was really nice out today and I didn't want to miss the chance for a walk. Daddy called Shaw and blasted them while we were out. When we got home an hour later, lo and behold, there was a Cable Guy looking irate and waiting in his van outside the condo. When Daddy called, Shaw told him they would dispatch someone out immediately. He told the Shaw rep that no one was home now until 5:30, but they must have just sent someone anyway. All that just to tell us that they are going to rewire the whole condo unit. Dorks.

Mika and I had a nice hour long stroll. We went to the local pool to find out how old she has to be before she can start swimming classes. 4 months old is the magic age, so we'll be starting this summer. We also strolled past the daycare across the street just to peek in at how it looked. We didn't actually glimpse the inside, but the kids outside seemed happy enough and were being well supervised. A good sign. Daddy got a tip about a really good daycare that's not too far from here either. I'll have to give them a call soon and see what the waiting list and prices are like.

Mika smiled at me today...and I don't think it was gas, but it *could* have been. She's also started to make little noises that are not crying. I wouldn't call it 'cooing', but as long as it isn't crying/screaming/shrieking, its cool. She also imitated me, though it could have been natural fear. I looked at her up close and opened my eyes as wide as I could and Mika did the same. So..it was either imitation or genuine fear of the bug-eyed creature staring down at her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home