/* blogroll stuff ----------------------------------------------- */

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Day 46

*yawn*..Mika must be feeling better. She woke every two hours to feed last night.
Mika both smiled and cried a lot today. More happy than unhappy.
I noticed tears for the first time. I'm not sure at what age babies are supposed to start producing tears. I guess around 6 weeks? That or she's still sick and has watery eyes. She still had a runny nose and cough, but wasn't as grumpy. Mika's Daddy had a stuffed nose and wasn't feeling well today and her Grandpa was downright sick. Way to spread the germs, Mika! I am not sick, so far. I'm an obsessive compulsive handwasher. I'm sure the germs will get me sooner or later though.
Mika had two decent naps in her nice humid room today and another good nap while on a walk. The cool air seems to work well for reducing her cough. She finally fell back to sleep at around 9Pm and my money is on a 1Am wake-up. I hope its at least that late.
A good stim day! Lots of talking, rattling, and tracking. She seems to have discovered her tongue and found that rather amusing. Mika would periodically stick it out, lick whatever was in reach of her, and smile like mad about it.
I don't think Mika knows how to giggle, so she smiles in about three or four different ways in succession to seemingly indicate that something is giggle-worthy rather than just smile-worthy. I giggle like an idiot when she smiles. (I giggle like an idiot when she puts on her exaggerated frowning sad face too.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home