/* blogroll stuff ----------------------------------------------- */

Monday, May 30, 2005

Day 101

Phew..another busy weekend that went by much too quickly. We finally got to see Revenge of the Sith!! Nana was kind enough to take Mika for the evening on Friday. I think she had a grandkid filled day. Nana called us just after 17:00 to say she was on her way back home. She was looking after Mika's cousins' Jackson and Lucas over at their place. We packed up Mika's bags and headed out. When we arrived, Mika was being fussy and wanted a bottle (not a boob...she is specific about what she wants and when...not that we spoil her or anything). Nana carried off a crying Mika to the garden while her bottle warmed and I almost couldn't leave. Its one thing to drop off a sleeping, happy, or content baby. Quite another a crying one. Nana says that taking Mika out to the garden calms her down. Perhaps we have a wee nature nut..that would be kewl. Considering that we have the smallest outdoor space ever (townhouse condo back areas can hardly be called 'yards') and that the neighborhood cats have taken over what was once called our garden, I'm surprised that Mika has a taste for it. Mika slept from 8:30PM on til we picked her up. She dazedly played with me in the back of the car and was back to sleep when we got home. Nice! Mika had her Dad up early on Saturday while I slept on. We spent the day running around doing errands and shopping. I finally got around to weedwhacking the back when we got home. There was over half of a garbage bag full of grass clippings. Far too many to leave as fertilizer or whatever. Daddy bbq'd a pork roast for supper. I don't think I usually enjoy pork roasts, but this one was supa-fine. I should have grabbed a photo! We took Mika for a walk after supper which put her to sleep so we could spend the rest of the evening nerding out. We watched Episode IV on VHS and went on and on about inconsistencies and other nerdly critiques of the series as a whole. Yes, we spend our Saturday nights dissecting Star Wars. No, this is nothing new since becoming parents. Sunday was much like Saturday. Except we went to visit Uncle Lucas and Auntie Jenn. Mika wanted to see the fishtank again..and Andy, the lemur-tailed kitten. Oooh...we finally picked up a new coffee maker. We've been using the old perc since the last coffee maker died. We grabbed a Hamilton Beach Brew Station..its too much, really. I am spoiled in the coffee arena now. The only thing that would have been better was this model that ground the coffee first, then brewed. But that would have been too rich for our taste. :P
All of the work around the house that was to be done this weekend is still here. We got nothing done, save for weedwhacking.
Oooh..Mika rolled over Friday at about 16:20. I turned her on to her tummy and she flipped back over with aggression. I don't think it can be counted as her first time rolling over really as it seemed more of a reaction than a deliberate thing. She hasn't rolled again since.

It's a beautiful day and I am inside blogging while Mika finally naps. No more sleeping til 11!! It took an hour of coaxing to get her to nap this afternoon. I feel like going for a walk, but dare not wake her to get into the stroller. I suppose I should get some work done around here while I can...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home