/* blogroll stuff ----------------------------------------------- */

Saturday, July 09, 2005

Happy Belated 20 Week Birthday, Mika!

what ever happened to all the fun in the world?

Ugh. An extremely warm condo and teething make for a Very Fussy baby. Mika has been driving us bonkers. She used to go to bed between 7:30 and 8 and now we're lucky if she is asleep by midnight. And the screaming is beyond anything. I am still waiting for the neighbors to call social services to come and check out the tortured baby.

G has not been feeling well this past week. She's barely eating and is quite dehydrated, so they have her on an IV. G was much better yesterday than the day before, so there's a bit of progress. When you're 103 years old though, the most minor incident turns into a major setback.

Daddy's work is sending him on an overnight trip next week. I am so not looking forward to it. In fact, I'm feeling rather out of sorts about it. Yes, I know it's "just one night", but I am a wuss. I don't want to be left alone with Mika for over 24 hours. She's a Daddy's Girl and it's gonna be hell without him coming home. I'm also getting those trapped and depressed feelings that other SAHM's have described. Not only am I currently jealous that Daddy gets to escape to work daily, but even more so jealous that he gets to actually go somewhere that he hasn't been and meet people and have fun and all that. We're not taking any trips this summer and haven't even gone to the lake once yet with no plans to do so at anytime soon. I'm not sure how well it would go over to have Mika out there when she is too young to wear bug repellent and sunscreen. And the lack of running water is a hindrance too. I was so looking forward to caring for the lake lot this year. Being pregnant last summer meant that I couldn't do my usual 'chores', like cutting out the turf from the shoreline and cleaning it up (and giving bucket upon bucket of the stuff to mine and Danny's Moms for their gardens) and raking, raking, raking the shore and first few feet of water to get rid of the weeds and rocks. It's like having a huge zen garden or something.
Usually, we take a least one trip per summer. Daddy's new job came with a 12 month probation period, so he doesn't get any time off until next year.

And that's my sorry-ass complaining for the day....

3 Comments:

Blogger Chair said...

Ah hell, I'm happy to be stuck at home all the time! I'm such a home body, though, I certainly don't envy J going to work every day!

Where is your lake lot?

11:42 AM  
Blogger Mama_T said...

The cabin is on Pigeon Lake..the community is called Sandholm(e?). Danny's Opa bought the land years and years ago. It's now shared by all of the family members. A wee one room cabin with a big pot bellied stove in the centre. Very rustic. Has power and a flush toilet though! (You hafta fill the back of the toilet with water that you pump from the well each time you flush..:P)

11:58 AM  
Blogger Chair said...

Ahhh.. one of J's aunts has a cabiny place on P. Lake. I don't know what community it is, but it's on the southwest part of the lake. If you know the area, they're next to the guy who used to have shitloads of old tractors on his lawn.

11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home