/* blogroll stuff ----------------------------------------------- */

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Stickin' In My Eye

At around 10AM, I clipped Mika's toenails. A clipping shot right into my eye. I thought I had wiped it out, but at around 10:30PM, my eye felt funny. When I had a look, there was a huge chunk of eye snot in the middle of my bottom lid. Caught within the chunk was Mika's clipping. Nice. I carried Mika's toenail clipping in my friggin' eyelid all day.

Mika can drink from a straw now. When I give her juice in a cup, she still wants to chew or suckle or something as the liquid hits. She fills the pouch of the big plastic bibs with juice every time I 'help' her drink from a cup. I'm trying to avoid using the training cups as much as possible. (I hate the words "sippy cup". It irritates me for some reason, so I don't want to use them. Sippy? WTF kind of word is 'sippy'?) I have one that I use for Mika that doesn't have the valve. The liquid just flows from the drinking spout. She usually finds it more interesting to watch the flow rather than drink it if left to her own devices. Given that I have to be there and hold the cup anyway, it may as well be a regular one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home