/* blogroll stuff ----------------------------------------------- */

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Feeling a bit better

Mika finally seems to be a bit better today. We decided to keep her home from daycare until Monday anyway. I didn't want to miss any time at all with my little nugget before going back to work next week.
Mika had a mild interest in stairs until her Daddy showed her how to climb them. Now she's stair-obsessed. She also never used to point at things. A week or so ago, I noticed Daddy walking around with her pointing things out. Since then, Mika points at everything. Everything. Sometimes she even uses both hands to point at things in opposite directions. Mika also seems to have Daddy's knack for belching. The noises that wee little girl can make would astound you. She'll make Aunties Amber and Tamara proud. And horrify her Grandmother, I'm sure. Then again, I think Uncle Lucas and I sufficiently broke Grandma's sanity about 15 years ago, so maybe a belching baby won't phase her. Have I ever mentioned that I have an uber-kewl Mom? I do. While other Mom's I knew were considering whether or not they should get a computer, my Mom was swapping out SCSI drives on her old Mac. She owns a hardcover edition of the Fountainhead. She loves cats and the Beatles, which you would guess instantly if you were ever in her home. She supports alternative lifestyles...in animals, anyway. Hence our long-gone male cat named Princess and my Mom's not-so-long gone black fluffy female named Peter. (She will kill me for writing that.) I've never known my Mom to go out and buy a cat...they always just find her and move in. She can shop like you wouldn't believe, too. She wears the same Ferragamo sandals as Lois Hole used to. I blame my shoe mania on her entirely. AND...she got my brother and I the kewlest clocks for xmas...they tell the time in binary. How many other boomer Mom's out there were getting their kids binary clocks, I ask ya?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home