/* blogroll stuff ----------------------------------------------- */

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

bits

- when Mika is particularly happy, she gallops around rather than walks.

- If I were to practice EC with Declan, I could never leave the house.

- Mika enjoys being a goof. Nature, nurture; she gets it from both sides. A current fave is to push her lips out in an exaggerated 'O' to talk. She absolutely delights in being indulged and have someone play that name call-out thing that toddlers love while making the fish lip face. If you walk by my house and the windows are open, chances are good that you will hear "Moh-Moh" answered by "Mee-koh". I think I'm developing a wrinkle on my upper lip from making that face so much. If so, it will be a good prop for later "See kids? Your face kind of DOES freeze in place if you goof around like that!"

- Declan is starting to grab onto things and put them in his mouth. He still stays scrunched a lot of the time, so we tend to underestimate his reach. The kid has long arms when he needs to...like to grab utensils from the bin on the dining table when he's sitting in his bumbo being our centerpiece.

- Mika loves to go outside. We have a lot of traffic going by the house. She's scared of "big noisy trucks". No amount of assuring her that the trucks can't get her when she is in the yard can make her stop freaking out when they go by.

- There was a garage sale at the other end of my alley this weekend. I wandered down with Mika and we picked out a few things. I ran back home to grab money and drop her off so I could carry the stuff back. She flipped. Even though her treasures were placed at her feet, it wasn't good enough. She cried and cried and cried some more about going back to the garage sale. We attempted reasoning with her that it was probably closed now (that bit o news intensified her tears ten-fold, of course. Seemed like a good thing to say at the time.) and that we already had the stuff that we wanted. After about 45 mins, Daddy took Mika back to the damn garage sale. He sort of looked around pretending that he actually *wanted* to be at a garage sale while Mika stood frozen on the driveway just staring at the folks and not saying a word. The most frustrating part was that she would not tell us why she needed to go back to the garage sale. Usually she explains her meltdowns like crying for 30 minutes because she didn't get to carry a particular bag or tear the straw from the side of the juice box. So it goes!

- Mika can actually dress herself! I witnessed her put on a pullup diaper, pants, and a shirt. She doesn't often do it without any help whatsoever.

- Today is picture day at the daycare. That reminds me that I should haul Declan in for some too.

- The organic produce at our local bigbox grocer sucks. They are also inconsistent with their supply of organic cow's milk. We're going to try a weekly delivery service instead. At least I keep saying that I am going to call and set it up....hrm...I should go and do that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home