/* blogroll stuff ----------------------------------------------- */

Monday, February 07, 2005

2 days til duedate

Ugh...2 more days til the due date arrives. Been feeling the odd false labor contraction, but nothing serious. Well...at least as far as I know its a false labor contraction. I have nothing to go on to determine what it is that I am actually feeling. Sometimes the baby moves in such a way that it feels like what I think a contraction should feel like...sort of. I can't really tell. Baby likes to push its head down, so it feels like birth is happening, but there are no 'contractions' that accompany these head-bearing-down movements. I think this baby just likes to fake me out for fun or something. The last couple of days, I have noticed an uber-painful section of my lower back. The uber-pain comes and goes rather quickly...not like any other lower back pain that I have experienced...its rather intense. I have no idea if this is false back labor or just the natural result of carrying on with life (Ya know..laundry, dishes, taking out the recycling, etc.) while carrying about 7-8 pounds on your gut. I do know that my ankles are about to snap from the weight of my body...they hurt so much!!! The worst thing is this creepy popping noise that the tendon makes when I reach for something...sounds like small bubble wrap being wrung. The tops of my feet hurt like mad too...this sort of burning sensation. Must be something to do with the swelling...
This baby must come out sooner than later.

DaddyR got the car seat installed. He also put up an Ikea star-mobile-light thing from Nana. It hangs over the change table. The nice thing is that the stars provide just enough light to safely change baby in the night without having to put the ceiling light on. We picked up a footswitch for the light as well to make it that much easier as the light hadn't a switch built in. Either plugged in and on or unplugged and off. DaddyR also put up a shelf above the computer to hold baby's CD's and calendar.

Our bathroom light fixture kept shorting out and burning wires and all sorts of fun stuff, so DaddyR replaced that this weekend too. We now have 100W of halogen to see by in the bathroom. Its beyond bright. The previous fixture held 2 x 20W bulbs, I think..maybe they were 40W's...not sure. All I know is that its much more bright in the bathroom, which DaddyR says is a Good Thing. We'll need a room with decent light to try and see how far up the nose the buttons are or how deep a sliver is or any other thing that this baby comes up with. All other lights in this house are soft and deliberately rather dim.

So yeah..we're ready for this baby to arrive. Even though we find more things that need doing around this condo all the time, I don't think that will ever end...

BTW DaddyR - You need to install the new ceiling fixture in the dining room...;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home