/* blogroll stuff ----------------------------------------------- */

Friday, May 06, 2005

Happy 11 Week Birthday, Mika!

11 weeks! 11 WEEKS!!! One more week and Mika will be 3 months old and hardly a newborn anymore. I am both happy and sad about that. I love watching her grow and learn and explore, but I also wish she could just stay my wee little Mikanator.
I did something really dumb last night. Really dumb. I was hungry and wanting a snack about half an hour before bed. Looking for something healthy, I took out a bag of broccoli slaw. I figured that snacking on raw veggies would be a Good Thing. I didn't stop to think that I was cautioned by my Doctor to not eat raw cabbage, broccoli, or cauliflower due to the gas they create for baby. Mika woke up early for her night feed. She was up at 1AM. She didn't get back to sleep until well after 3AM. We walked, we talked, we bounced, we rocked, Mika ate 2 kinds of formula and was sick. I lay down with her in bed, on the couch, and tried putting her in the swing. It was easily the most hellish night we've had so far. Next time I want a midnight snack, I'm going for the ice cream!
Mika seems much better today. She ate her new formula without an issue and has been playful and smiley all day. Wonder what tonight will bring?

Happy 11 week bday, Mika-moo. Your Daddy and I love you more than you could possibly imagine!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home