/* blogroll stuff ----------------------------------------------- */

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Day 102

Another beautiful day out there. Mika and I went trolling through the second hand stores on Stony Plain Road. She likes to stay awake for bus rides now. I position her stroller so that the sun is behind her and she is facing a window. In addition to the visual stim that she loves, Mika also enjoys being adored by strangers. We found some shorts for Daddy, a skirt for Mommy, and sleepers, a dress, and new onesie for Mika. I seem to have a knack for finding brand name label whore stuff.
I fed Mika in a changeroom at Goodwill. I felt strange about it...more strange than one should while breastfeeding in a change room at Goodwill. I think it was because I felt as though the staff probably thought I was stealing. Ah well..we've nursed in worse places..
Mika had trouble falling asleep last night. We even took her out for another walk in the evening. She was asleep by 9PM and up at 1:40AM. Then the fun started. Mika drained both boobs and refused to go back to sleep. This hasn't happened since she was still a newborn! Sometime just before 4AM (I think), Daddy woke up to help. After cuddling, rocking, swinging, a bottle, and everything else we could think of, Mika finally fell asleep. I think it was around 5-ish. I felt so bad for Daddy. I thought for sure he would call in sick, but no. He went in to work. The other person on the desk is on a road trip, so I guess he felt he had to be there. Barbara is gone for the rest of the week, so Daddy is fielding all the calls himself. The Mikanator is enjoying her day today so far. The thundershowers are on their way, so we're staying in. Gonna try and make tandoori chicken and chocolate chip brownies for Daddy to ease the pain of his wakeful night...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home