/* blogroll stuff ----------------------------------------------- */

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Yay! we got it...

Just rec'd an email from my partner in crime that we got the contract to do the network upgrade and server deployment. Project starts at the end of August sometime. Whee!

Mika was up nice and early this morning. She went back to sleep as soon as I had finished downing a coffee. Figures...
At least it was Kicking Horse. It's the only fair-trade coffee that I can find in any major supermarket. I know Earth's General Store carries it too...just not sure if they have any less expensive brands. The BEST coffee is from Oso Negro. Daddy and I discovered this great brew while attending the SCA's 2002 Clinton event. We ended up in Clinton because Daddy's best friend's (Ian) wife's (Irene) brother-in-law (Jeff) was a knight at the time. We had decided to vacation with them that year and the destination was camping in Clinton. We all had lots of fun and the battle was amazing. But the best part was waking up all sore and hung over and smelling what was the best coffee in the world brewing. The guy from Oso Negro had an old hand crank bean grinder and was selling freshly ground brewed coffee for a dollar a cup. I would have paid $5 had he asked. When we returned home, all of the 'mundanes' that we told about the trip thought it sounded like the freakiest thing ever, which it wasn't. I'd guess that there were well over 1000 people in attendance, liquor and children everywhere, and not a single fight or other mishap. I think, too, that because I went to Vic Comp for most of my high school years that I am unfazed by people wandering about in costume. At least there were no mimes in Clinton. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Chair said...

Actually, I think the SCA stuff sounds like fun! Apparently there's a member who owns land on one of the Mann Lakes (about 200 km NE of here) who is building a castle, stone by stone. You can barely see it through the trees on your way to Cold Lake.

We found out after our medieval themed wedding that we could have paid the SCA to cater it, putting up tents, playing music, entertaining, all that jazz. If we'd known earlier we would have so had them do it. Oh well! It was still a really fun wedding!

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home