/* blogroll stuff ----------------------------------------------- */

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

gah...

we survived my first day back. working is for chumps, man. my job is great and i work with wonderful people and all, but still. Bleh. Mika was very upset when I picked her up from daycare yesterday. She took one look at me and melted down. Screaming, crying, freaking. Daddy showed up about 3 minutes after I did and she had smiles aplenty for him...just beamed. Daddy said that Mika cried again this morning when he dropped her off. Poor nugget.
She was exhausted last night and asleep shortly after 6PM. She woke up twice before I went to bed just after 11PM. She was up twice in the wee hours too. This morning at 4:30AM, she didn't want to go back to sleep. A new thing in our house. When Mika wakes in the night or early morning, she always goes back to sleep easily. Finally, she fell back to sleep just before 5. I had a heckuva time getting my sorry self out of bed this morning. I opened Mika's blinds and clicked on her star lights, but she didn't stir. Usually she would have snapped awake at the sound of the blinds opening. I picked her up and she just flopped back onto my shoulder asleep. I took her into bed with me as that usually wakes her pretty quickly too, but no. She grabbed my pillow and within seconds was sound asleep cuddling it. What could I do? I napped with her until Daddy was out of the shower and back in the room reminding me that they had to leave in 10 mins. I somehow managed to get Mika up and dressed and fed and into her Daddy's arms only 5 mins late. Daddy's workday ends before mine does this month, so from now until February he will be picking up Mika from daycare and the two of them will come and get me from work. Kinda nice to get rides home during what is usually the coldest month. Off to call the daycare and see how Mika is getting on today.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chair said...

It sucks, eh? Even when you like your job, it's not easy to go back. I hope it gets easier for you, sometimes I think it's getting easier but sometimes it gets harder.

That said, talking to Ada and hearing about Franklin's experiences at day care make me think that it's good to have your child there, at least for a while, the social interaction is so valuable!

12:07 PM  
Blogger Mama_T said...

Chair: yeah, it kinda does suck, even though its all good being work. Strange, that. I like the concept of daycare, its just hard to get used to the new routine. It's not nearly as bad as it could be seeing as Daddy drops her off and picks her up. At least until next month when his hours change a bit. But by then Mika should be fairly used to the whole daycare gig anyway. The worst part is how often she has been sick lately and the severity of the illnesses compared to her pre-daycare life.

Kris: Thanks babe. I thought of you as I quietly raged about the emergency ward this afternoon wanting to snap the heads off people for reasons I won't get into here, but that I know you can easily relate to. ;)

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home