/* blogroll stuff ----------------------------------------------- */

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Ouch!!!

Ah yes. Another 'milestone' of sorts reached. Mika bit me last night!! Hard! Drew blood through my t-shirt! She and I were in the final wind-down stage of the nightly routine. Mika was mostly asleep with her head resting on my shoulder as I rocked her back and forth. She nuzzled her head into my shoulder/armpit as she often does, but this time chomped down. She caught the bit of flesh that's on the top underside of the arm, almost the in the pit. I yelped. She cried because I yelped. I realized what happened, told her that was unacceptable behavior, and put her down in her crib. Mika freaked for about 4 minutes and then was out cold. Until she woke a few hours later for a change and drink, I felt completely horrid that my baby girl had fallen asleep while upset.
I hope that this does not become a 'thing' - the whole biting incident. A few of the folks at work were recently talking about toddler behavior and the general consensus in the lunchroom was that if your child bites you, you should bite them back to show them what it is like. I don't agree with that, despite the stories I heard about how various kids were instantly cured of their biting behavior by such an action. I think Mika is still a bit young to really make that connection. Even if she isn't, I still don't want to bite her back if she bites me! There must be a better way. Any suggestions, interweb?

The weekend was too short again. I was in and out of the office on both days getting new backup hardware and software installed. But I now have an 8 tape autoloader! Woot! And real software to use instead of ntbackup! Woot woot! Daddy and Mika went and had a visit with G on Saturday while I worked. Auntie Kerry and Uncle Damon came over later to drop off Mika's Princess Bath Cape - beautiful! Mika was already asleep when they dropped in though, so no fun this time for the Kanator with her Auntie and Uncle. Sunday was a nice lazy morning, a couple of afternoon hours spent at the office, a bit of grocery and other supply (cat food) shopping, and back home. Twas too cold for much else. Meh. This minus double digit weather can go away anytime now. Leo is rising - spring should be upon us! (Thanks Daddy)

1 Comments:

Blogger Chair said...

When I'm rocking T at bedtime she insists on sticking her arm through the opening of whatever sweater I'm wearing and tucking her hand into my armpit. (I think it's awesome that she wants a bit of skin contact when she's winding down with me!)
Anyhoo, a few nights ago she was a little restless and she was playing around with my skin and she pinched me pretty hard. I involuntarily cried out, "ouch!" and she started to cry. I calmed her down again and she slept fine. The nice thing is that she hasn't done it again since. Hopefully you won't get bit again!

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home