/* blogroll stuff ----------------------------------------------- */

Monday, February 12, 2007

Champs

Declan slept through the night yesterday. He was curled up on my chest the whole time. He had marathon feedings from 8 to 11 - I must admit that they left me very cranky and tearful....maybe even bawling because he is difficult to feed and I was sore and tired and whatever. The latch is slowly getting better, but on average we make about 5 attempts before anything close to a good latch happens. Ugh. I start trying to get him to feed when he starts rooting - just like you're supposed to, but by the time he is on he is usually crying. Meh. It's not as bad as I am making it out to be, though. Honest. And every once in a while, I talk about something other than breastfeeding. Just not often. :P

Declan had his first outing yesterday over to the westmount mall safeway. I don't really like shopping at safeway, but didn't want to go far. Declan slept through the whole trip. Today we went and picked up some party supplies and a present for Mika's birthday on Sunday. We need to get to Ikea sometime this week and buy cabinets. The window replacement starts on Friday and will be done by the end of next week. The installer said he was thinking of starting with the kitchen, which means the current cabinets will be torn down (yay!) to get the window in. Of course, we need something to put in their place. Seeing as the island that came with the house is from Ikea, we may as well match it. Makes things relatively inexpensive and no-brainer. Daddy plans on saving some of the nice old character window frames er, is it mouldings?, anyway - to reuse.

Busy weekend ahead with the whole window thing plus Mika's birthday. Her party is at the leisure centre - swimming, skating, and indoor playground for all. Plus an hour's worth of party room usage for cake and snacks and the like. Best part to me is that we don't have to clean up afterwards. Or worry about cramming a bunch of people into our tiny house. Knocking on wood and hoping that Mika doesn't come down with another cold or flu by the end of the week. She's been snotfilled the past few days.

Mika has been practicing her sad face a lot lately and giggles like mad when I make it back at her. She asks me to be sad just so she can laugh at me. The abuse is never ending in this house. :)
Technically, it's *my* sad face - I recognize it from my own baby/toddler photos.
Mika's jealousy re: Declan was coming out a bit more tonight, but she was still very good about everything. She insisted on using a soother. Declan has been using them as he is a big time suckler and seems to enjoy it. Mika never used one. Until Declan arrived. Yeah, I know - just take them away from her and tell her that they are only for the baby. I tried. She freaked out. I gave in. Foolish Mama. Bigtime Sucker Mama too.

Back hurts. Done posting.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lynanne said...

Talk about whatever is on your mind - it's your blog after all :)

I really feel for you on the difficult start to breastfeeding. Hang in there! It will get easier. You are doing a wonderful thing!

Some people call the postpartum period the 10th month of pregnancy. With the sudden drop in pregnancy hormones, the lack of sleep and physical recovery (especially from a c-section!), its no wonder new moms get cranky and tearful. Take care and be kind to yourself!!

Is it really Mika's birthday already? How is that possible! It sounds like she will have a wonderful party.

Good luck on the remodel!

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home