/* blogroll stuff ----------------------------------------------- */

Friday, February 02, 2007

Maybe Tuesday?

Had another doc appt. today. I'm a whole 1cm dilated. I expected the doc to tell me that I had to go in for a csection a.s.a.p., but he didn't. He gave me the warnings again that I am small and Declan is big. Nonetheless, I am *allowed* to go one week past my due date before they start calling the shots. Or something. In any case, I am to go to the hospital for a non-stress test for Declan tomorrow. If he hasn't made an appearance by Monday, I am to go back to the doc's office at the end of the day for an induction. We're going to try the Foley Catheter - the no-drug induction method. After that, who knows what will happen. My guess is "failure to progress resulting in csection" - yeah, I know...I'm such a positive thinker.

Mika is doing well. She's like a little tornado blowing through the house - destroying whatever gets in her way. I just love her to bits. We bought her some hiking boots for the spring that she now insists on wearing daily - no matter what. She's been asking for TV a lot lately. The good thing is that if we switch it on, she immediately loses interest. I guess Simpsons and Arrested Development reruns are not her thing. On the other hand, she will watch the same YouTube Elmo videos over and over. I have a TMX Elmo stashed in the baby's room to distract her once Declan actually arrives. Based on past experiences with this kind of toy, she should remain distracted until Declan turns 5. I just can't believe that I actually bought a smeggin' TMX Elmo in the first place. I am officially blaming pregnancy hormones for that purchase.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gramps said...

you are slowly starting to turn into a "G"

3:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home