/* blogroll stuff ----------------------------------------------- */

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Fourth Trimester

Non-stress test passed. Nurse claimed it was the best graph she had seen. Declan is happy and comfortable and doing just fine. I had a feeling that the test would show that. Like Mika before him, Declan shows no signs of wanting to leave his comfy womb. No distress, no leakage problems, supposedly no signs of the placenta giving up. I think Declan plans to live inside of me until he is ready for preschool.

The doctors and nurses at the Alex were wonderful today. I called ahead and asked if there was a good time for me to come in. The nurse laughed and laughed about this and told me to come on down whenever I wanted and to be prepared for a bit of a wait. Daddy and I were expecting to wait for at least an hour and have the test running for another hour. But no! As soon as we arrived, we were brought into a room and monitors were strapped to me. Everyone that we encountered was super friendly and nice. Dr. Jiwah came in to check on me and she was awesome too. We were in and out within an hour - mostly because Declan's readings were so good.

Still hoping for labor to start, like, now or something. Otherwise the next big thing will be going to get that catheter inserted on Monday. ugh. I feel like a 10-pin bowling ball is going to fall out of me without any cervical dilation, let alone with a balloon in me trying to push the cervix open.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home