/* blogroll stuff ----------------------------------------------- */

Friday, March 30, 2007

DC

Declan is doing really well despite his constant nasal stuffiness. Since birth he's had some sniffly sounds. For the first few weeks, I thought it was just leftover gunk that hadn't been suctioned out and he would pass it on his own. Then we got sick and it worsened. Now we're mostly better - I have the lingering cough and he's got nasty stuffiness. We suction and use saline and twisted ends of tissue to no avail. I took him to the medicentre, but it was a pointless visit. We were looking forward to his checkup on the 3rd, but its been moved to the 11th for whatever reason. Dr. had to take leave for a week. I'll take him to the health clinic next week for a weigh-in and see what they say.
Other than that, Declan is doing really well. He's into smiling now and almost figured out a giggle yesterday. It was only about two beats long, so not a full on giggle, but he's getting there. He still eats constantly and it shows. Though he also poops constantly too. More than any other baby that I have known. Lucky me! Declan has such a big belly and such a skinny butt that it's a challenge to diaper him. Leaks a plenty - I've used countless types of cloth and about 3 different disposable brands. He has quite a few thigh rolls that make it difficult too. Poor guy. As he slowly stretches out, it's getting better. He's officially outgrown his 'moleman' nickname, even though he still makes the moleman face now and again. Still does the chuvalo and elvis faces.
Yesterday, Declan got up on his elbows and knees and did the "i wanna crawl" rocking thing. When I have him facing me on my lap lounging with his head on my hands, the kid uses his abs to sit up. He's wearing sleepers now that Mika wore at 6 months. It's madness.
Declan is definitely more of a cuddly type of baby than Mika was. 100% more. He has yet to get to a point where he can be left alone for more than a minute. He likes to look around now, but only from the comfort of someone's arms or in a carrier. He's a pretty sweet guy. Just my luck that the aloof baby weighed next to nothing and the cuddly one is a tonne. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Lynanne said...

I love how you capture all the milestones in this post and the previous one about Mika. So much fun to read! I can't wait to have a newborn again. It's neat to see their personalities emerge and see how very different (and similar) they are to their siblings.

Hopefully you are still recovering well from the c-section? I was so surprised by how long it took me. Some women make it sound so easy!

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home