/* blogroll stuff ----------------------------------------------- */

Friday, February 16, 2007

Boy

I'm sitting in the bedroom posting on the laptop. The installers are working on getting our bay window in, so Declan and I are sequestered in here. Declan is loving the construction/destruction. The sounds of hammers and saws and everything is seemingly appealing to the little guy. This kid is 100% boy. Dark back and arm hair, sideburns, wee biceps, and the need to see a bare breast once per hour are just a few of his 100% boy traits. Yes, I know the back and arm hair will probably fall out, but for now it's almost funny as it adds to his 'dude' qualities. Declan's cry is very masculine too - sort of sounds canine - suitable for one born in the year of the dog - just like his Daddy. The kid is still feeding like mad and my body has become, more or less, used to it. No feeding routine or schedule yet - he's all over the place with his hunger. Declan still only sleeps well when he is touching another person. Now that my feeders are not cracked and bleeding and that he has a better latch, we can do the side-lying hold again, which is nice. I am lazy and out of it at 3AM. The ability to help him latch and then pass back out until he is done feeding rocks. All in all, things are going quite well. I'm more sore from the surgery than I remember with Mika and am out of pain meds. Well, I have t3's, but do not like being out of it while looking after Declan. Ah well.

Mika continues to do well with her brother. She asks to kiss and hug him a lot and is getting better about Daddy touching the baby. She woke up from what we assume was a bad dream last night. Her shrieks could scare away a banshee. Mika wouldn't tell Daddy what was wrong. When I asked her, she said she was scared. We let her get up for awhile and snuggle with Daddy. She cried for a bit when we put her back to bed an hour later, but she was out cold within minutes. Mika had a good valentines day. We gave her a stuffed pot of flowers that she has been happily arranging. I baked a cake for Mika and Daddy. Daddy gave me a beautiful bouquet - lots of orange-coloured flowers. Mika has two boyfriends now. She and Sammi are back to just being friends. On V-day, Mika told me: "I like Shaun. and I like Jonathan." I asked her if she played them against each other and she said "yeah." Petra at the daycare confirmed that there has been some tension between Shaun and Jonathan. Toddler drama madness.

I'm escaping the bedroom for a while - off to find some food. We have an awesome kosher bakery nearby with a donair place next door for Daddy. There is at least one place in the world where a Muslim family business and a Jewish family business can peacefully exist beside each other. Good old Edmonton.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home