/* blogroll stuff ----------------------------------------------- */

Monday, May 28, 2007

damn kids these days....

I was going to blog about our great weekend and how much Mika loved riding the LRT and stuff, BUT...

I noticed a cop outside my house a little while ago stopping all traffic, including pedestrians. His unmarked car is parked in the middle of the street out front. I went outside to satisfy my curiosity and was told that there is an armed standoff about a half a block away. Officer Dan advised me to stay inside with the doors closed and to stay away from windows as much as possible. They plan to "make a call and try to get the people out without an incident soon enough here". Basically, there are some teenage punks with guns holed up in a house up the street from me. Not sure what they are wanted for - aside from questioning regarding the allegations of illegal firearm possession.

Ah, good old Edmonton. The train stopped on the bridge during our LRT ride on Saturday so that the passengers could witness the cops hauling a red sports car out of the river. The driver must have bombed down the trails just below the High Level Diner to hit the water at that particular spot.

Sheesh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home