/* blogroll stuff ----------------------------------------------- */

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Happy 9-Month Birthday, Declan!

Gah! The boyo is practically over the hill. Declan is a bulldozer this month. He's mastered crawling and pulling up on everything and anything. He's trying t stand on his own too.
He's the biggest mamasuck I have ever known! He wants to be carried everywhere. If I put him down in the living room so I can grab a coffee from the kitchen, he power crawls to me loudly complaining the whole time.
Declan has 6 teeth and I think some molars or something coming in. Can't tell - but his fingers are always in the back of his mouth and he's been pulling on his ears. We have a Dr. appt. this morning, so she can (hopefully) rule out an ear infection.
Declan is a drummer. I set up half of my kit in the basement and Mika was demanding that I play. I thought for sure that the noise would terrify the boy. It startled him for a second, but then a big grin appeared and he started air drumming right along with me.
He does not sleep well. I don't know if it is teething, his nasal passage issue (another thing that will be brought up again at the doc), or if he really is hungry every 2 hours, but its wearing on us.
When Mika watches TV, Declan is sometimes interested, sometimes not. We try to keep him away from the screen - but - if I throw in the Learn Mandarin kids dvd, he's riveted. He's trying to say Bao Bei ('treasure' in mandarin) and will probably end up knowing his colours in chinese before english.
Lastly (because I am brain dead from lack of sleep and can't think of anything else to post), Declan loves playing "So Big!". It goes something like this: I ask him how big he is, he stretches his arms out (or lets me stretch them for him) and I say "He's SO big!" and the guy giggles like a schoolgirl.
Is the excitement killing you yet?

1 Comments:

Blogger Gramps said...

Uncle Lucas was a big fan of the "so big" game

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home