/* blogroll stuff ----------------------------------------------- */

Friday, March 11, 2005

Happy 3 Week Birthday, Mika!

Well...I had a post completed...and the stupid internet ate it! Stupid server errors...

Anyway...

Mika is almost a month old now and I cannot believe how the time has flown. Seems like yesterday that Daddy and I were agreeing that we would never be fully ready to have kids, so let's just go for it now and deal with the consequences. A month later, Mika was conceived. Now she's holding her head up for minutes and minutes on end, trying to crawl when put on her tummy, making sounds that are neither screaming or crying, copying facial expressions and a few other things that only new parents will marvel about.

Mika and I were going to hit the mall today and get more diaper liners and cream, but the wind warnings and rain potential kept us in. The rain we could have dealt with, but that wind was brutal and I was concerned she would get a nasty earache from it. Maybe when she's 30 I'll learn to ease up on the as-of-yet unfounded concerns.
Instead Mika ate every hour, slept a bit, and danced. OK, I danced with her in my arms...she really seems to enjoy it. More than my singing, anyway, which I can't blame her for.
Mika also screamed in tummy pain for awhile. Instead of putting her down to cry it out, I just held and rocked her and tried to ignore the fact that I was becoming more and more deaf as the screaming continued. Her screams seemed more urgent and stemming from actual pain than the usual hunger, fatigue, and minor gas screams. Eventually she fell asleep on my shoulder and stayed there for an hour or so. Then she got up and ate more. *sigh*
She's currently sleeping so that she has energy to greet and demand a bottle from Daddy when he gets home. We sure do love when Daddy comes home...:-)

And its friday. I know this because I remember asking Daddy what day it was yesterday. Progress is being made...I can remember something about yesterday. I'm like a newborn myself lately in that I have no recollection of anything that happened 15 minutes or more beforehand.
And being that it's friday means that its eat-out day! Yay..no cooking or dishes tonight!

Daddy's home! Off to greet and thank him profusely for coming home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home