/* blogroll stuff ----------------------------------------------- */

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Work

I have to go back to work in December. It seems both a long and short time away. While I miss my co-workers and server room, I am not looking forward to leaving Mika during the day.
I've been keeping up on what's going on at work and have put in a few hours from home. I also apparently have an install to do at another company that my company has shares in. Anthony organized the whole thing, I am just gonna be a mere worker. My total input to the quotes that we received for this job was "Don't buy the AOpen component server, get a brand name so they have someone other than us to call when something breaks". Anthony has been doing an awesome job covering my leave. I still get emails asking for advice or help, but they are getting fewer and farther between. And they can almost always be answered easily with just a few sentences.
I wish I could just bring Mika to work with me. Work should open a daycare in some of the unoccupied space in our building. There were 5 of us pregnant at the same time at work and 2 of the guys' wives were expecting as well. All of the babies were born between October 2004 and March 2005. One of my friends has already gone back to work. She's lucky...her Mom and Dad live close by and are providing "day care". More so than leavng Mika during the day, I am really not looking forward to finding and organizing care for her. I guess I should start now. A good daycare is hard to find and even harder to get space in. Nana might be able to take Mika a couple of days a week. Not sure yet. Ugh. I think I'll put off looking for care for another month....not smart, but so much easier on my brain. I need to read up on dayhomes too. Charlotte from work has her kids in a dayhome nearby, but the lady isn't taking on anymore kids after Char's. Ack!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mama_T said...

Yeah...EI is 50 weeks...I think.

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home