/* blogroll stuff ----------------------------------------------- */

Saturday, March 12, 2005

Day 22

Another fine day! I took the 2:35-3:00 and 3:35-4:30 shifts with Mika this morning and her Daddy kindly took the 6:30 and 8:30 shifts and let me sleep!!! I sure love weekends!
We had a nice leisurely morning too when all three of us were finally awake. Daddy had made whole wheat blueberry muffins *and* green onion cakes by the time I got up..plus he anticipated my wake time and a fresh pot of coffee had been brewed! Yay! Daddy and I showered and then gave Mika a bath. We slowly got ready and made our way over to the Shermans for a belated birthday visit with Auntie Shawndee and the family.
Mika loved it there...I think it was the din of all the voices. She slept like a wee lamb for most of the time. Went through three bottles and a nursing session. Auntie Shawndee bought her an awesome Dolphin hoodie towel and Grandma Sherman presented her with her very own silver spoon. Is this kid spoiled or what? Like...seriously.
It would appear that Mika sleeps much better while being held. I guess that is probably the case for many babies. She was passed from person to person...Mom only got her when it was time for a diaper change and feeding. That's OK though...I get her all day all week long. Mika even got to watch a bit of Law and Order on Grandpa's new HDTV that he's got mounted on the wall in their bedroom. I was nursing her in there. Cee-cee (one of the kitties) was not impressed with Mika. She gave Mika a quick sniff when we initially arrived. I changed Mika's diaper on the bed where Ceece was sleeping..sleeping until the shriek of Mika sent the cat flying.

We'll be back at the end of the month for Easter!

I'd post more, but I'm tired and in need of sleep...

Tomorrow its off to Grandma's for dinner and to hopefully meet Uncle Lucas

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home