/* blogroll stuff ----------------------------------------------- */

Thursday, March 17, 2005

Day 27

Mika has another good day. She fed a lot, napped a little, and made her Mom's life as difficult as she could..what are daughters for, after all?
It really does seem that if we don't go for an afternoon walk, there is not a good afternoon sleep. Which sucks when it's -10 and snowing. Though we should learn to suck it up and get out there anyway. Maybe tomorrow.
Really, after the early early morning of projectile puking and screaming and making Daddy late for work, Mika was pretty good today. She's just hungry often. I don't know why she doesn't feed longer instead of these 5-15 min stints. Maybe one day she will tell me. Everything is done in short spurts with her. Quick feed, quick nap, quick pee, and gawd help you, make it a quick diaper change or she'll freak out. Repeat throughout the day and night.
Tomorrow she will be one month old. Craziness. This is all happening so fast! Well....all except for her smiling and sleeping through the night. Its really too much for new parents to ask for...a baby who will smile periodically and sleep through the night.

My csection wound is still sore and I still weigh more than I ever should. Ugh. All in good time, Daddy says. I say Now!! Make it all happen right now!!! I don't have the patience to handle healing and weight loss well as neither of them happen fast enough for me. Like...within a month of having a baby. A month is the longest I can wait without getting upset about it. Thankfully, I shouldn't experience PMS for awhile as that would make things much much worse. Much worse. :-)

Happy First St. Patrick's Day, Mika!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home