/* blogroll stuff ----------------------------------------------- */

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Feeling like a shmuck

Whenever I enforce naptime, I feel about 2 inches tall.
Mika needs some kind of routine in her life. She's being 'forced' to bed at about 9PM (give or take 10 mins) nightly. Sometimes it goes really well, other times it doesn't.
I have been trying to do a similar thing with afternoon naps. I guess noon isn't the best time for a nap..I should switch her to 1PM. Nonetheless, today at noon I knew she was tired. Eyes drooping and dropping, screams to end all screams. So I put her in her crib. Not before a cuddly dance and winding the mobile for a lullaby. 20 mins later and she is still crying. This is what happens in the evenings as well. It makes me feel like complete and total dirt even though its supposedly what is best for Mika. We always make sure she is not hungry nor in need of a diaper change before putting her down, but Mika acts as though she has a full diaper and has not been fed in weeks.
I have a feeling this part won't get any easier. I'm sure when I'm PMS-ing that I will be curled up in a ball outside her bedroom door bawling along with her as nothing makes my heart feel ripped from my chest like her crying alone in her crib.

The enforced sleep times is the worst part of being a parent so far.

On a lighter note, I decided against swallowing an entire container of green food colouring to try and make the breastmilk green for St. Paddy's tomorrow. The weather won't be conducive to parading either, so I guess Mika and I will listen to some celtic tunes and I will read to her from our book of classic Irish short stories. You know...the ones where someone dies within the first paragraph and it gets more depressing from there? Good Stuff!! Always have the Oscar Wilde treasury as a backup to the short stories, should they not go over well. But his children's stories are rather brutal too. Ah well..prepare the kidlet early in life for the harsh realities...or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home