/* blogroll stuff ----------------------------------------------- */

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Day 26

We were housebound due to poor weather conditions today. It really makes a difference. Mika probably had less than an hours worth of sleep this afternoon in 15-30 min. stints. When we are out strolling, she will sleep for 3 hours straight. What a difference.
She was quite the terror today wanting only to feed and cry with a little bit of quiet wakefulness in between. When she is awake and happy, its fun to tour her around the house explaining what's what and reading to her, if she is not insisting on being carried or bounced. But the lack of naps will eventually kill me if it keeps up. I have two more days of bad weather to spend alone with her then two days of bad weather to spend sharing with Daddy.
Friday marks Mika's one month birthday. How do you celebrate when you're a month old? What on earth could we do for her? I guess maybe let her have some naked time in a warm steam-filled bathroom or something. Daddy and I are celebrating by taking 4-5 hours to ourselves on Saturday. Nana is going to babysit over at her place...thanks Nana! Its only Wednesday night and I am already getting all anxiety ridden over being away from Mika come Saturday. Am I the biggest suck or what? I hope I don't drive Nana nuts by calling every half hour to check on them. Maybe every hour instead.

Anyway...

Once Daddy got home and supper out of the way, we loaded Mika into the car and went to Safeway to get groceries. 30 seconds into being in the car seat and she was out cold until we got home again. I need lots and lots of money...it would seem that shopping is the only way to keep Mika quiet and/or sleeping.

It's 9:30pm and she has fallen back to sleep. I keep hearing the odd sob or whine through the monitor, but I think she's making the noises in her sleep.

Mika's baby acne looked much worse today too. I wonder if it is bothering her, like itching or anything. It should peak in about another week and *hopefully* start getting better. My poor baby. I wonder if I will have such sympathy for her when she breaks out again as a teenager..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home